Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HI HO! HI HO! It's off to work I go...

Tomorrow is it. The day I return to work.

When I whined to my older brother I was basically told "boo freakin' hoo" and to suck it up. Gotta love the support family gives you.

I did have to point out to him, however, that I have not been on vacation. Maternity leave is harder, I believe, than being at work. But the satisfaction is greater. So while I haven't been sunbathing on the beach in Hawaii (I CAN NOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER) I have been able to spend some precious time with my kiddos.

I am very lucky as I am only going back to work 12 hours a week, which means one long day a week and I am done. I am VERY lucky that my parents, my mom especially, are willing to be our daycare providers. Leaving your baby is never easy, but much easier knowing that the caretaker loves him.

And for those of you who care or notice, I am aware that my masthead has not been updated for June. I was half tempted to keep the same one and just put June on it, but I decided that was WAY lamer than being a few days late with a new one. Hang in there. June's will be up sometime before....July :-)

2 comments:

Blade said...

To be fair.. I happened to have agreed with you that staying home with the kids is very tough.

However .. it was your choice to have kids and working one day a week .. well.. BOO FREAKIN HOO. :P

K said...

Going back to work is so hard. Try to take it a little easy. 12 hour days are murder!

speaking of days...

16 days!!!!!!!!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...