Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Run, Walk, Honor

Saturday morning started waaayyy to early for my liking. We were up by 4:00am and out the door by 4:45am.  We were on our way to the 8th Pat Tillman Race.  Jim and Dad were going to run and my mom and I were going to walk the course with the boys in the stroller.  We wanted to get there early as we were going to be in good company with an estimated 35,000 people.  Parking was luckily no problem and we made it to the Tempe Stadium in plenty of time.

We had to split up as my Mom and I headed to the last "corral" where anyone with strollers had to start. The race started... and we waited and waited and waited. It took so long to for the groups to start that Mom and I were still waiting to start as Jim and Dad finished.   It took us about 1:20 to walk the 4.2 miles but our clock time was over 2.5 hours!  That was the biggest struggle we had.   Caden and Zane did great. Zane  loved to get out of the stroller and run with everyone else. He kept checking his Walgreens pedometer. So cute! 



 Not sure why Jim has a halo?


\

Eat more Chicken!  Caden was thrilled to have his picture taken with the cows!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...