Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reality Check

Ever since I went back to work after having Cade, my Mom has been baby-sitting for us.

It is an amazing blessing to have my Mom willing and able to do that for us. It made going back to work so much easier knowing that someone who loved Cade was taking care of him.

When we found out we were pregnant with Zane, I remember thinking that I would need to put Cade in day care because it wouldn't be fair to expect my mom to watch both kids. I mean, what if they both cried at the same time? My Mom assured me that she would be fine. However, in my worries about my Mom, I never thought about that situation for myself. I never thought about the fact that I might be alone with them and have them both crying or needing something at the same time. DUH! Welcome to my daily life. I would like to thank my friends and family that made having more than one kid look so easy. You could've warned me!

While the sleep deprivation from one kid waking up while the other one falls asleep makes me a little grouchy, Zane's weight gain makes me very happy! My neuroses finally got the better of me and I bought a baby scale. Everytime I take Zane to the doctor for a weight check, it costs me $25. And since things have been so tough for him and weight gain pretty much nonexistant, I have been pretty stressed about it. The pediatrician doesn't see him again until he is 2 months old and the GI doctor not for three more weeks. That is a long time for me to wonder if he is gaining weight or not. So I bought a scale. It was either that or stick him in the produce scale at the grocery store or sneak him into the post office at night for their scale. Anyway. A long explanation for a simple statement. According to my new baby scale, Zane weighs 7 lbs 13 oz. We are finally back to and past birth weight. That means Zane has gained 12 oz in about a week! That is more than he gained in the first 5 weeks of his life! Apparently the new formula and medicine are working! Yeah!

2 comments:

K said...

And that just made my day, week and MONTH!

SMOOCH!

flyingace said...

If you take him to the post office, remember do NOT put the baby in the package slot, no matter how little sleep you are getting!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...