Monday, April 20, 2009

Rejection

I know. That title seems unbelievable, right?

I mean, who would want to reject ME?

Apparently my own child.

After Zane was born, my parents and in-laws have been very generous and take Cade for a while so that all I have to do is focus on Zane. It has been nice to have some bonding time alone with my new baby and Cade basks in the attention from his grandparents.

I decided that I needed some time with my older son, too. To make sure he still felt loved and cared for by me--who has lately had to devote more of my time to his brother. So, I asked my parents to watch Zane for an hour or so tonight so Cade and I could do something fun. We got to my parent's house and Cade was ecstatic to be there. So much so that he didn't want to do ANYTHING with me. I couldn't even bribe him with the toy store. He volunteered his Granddad to go to the store with me and he was going to stay home with Nana and Baby Zane. Only after 20 minutes of playing outside with Granddad and me promising him pancakes at Cracker Barrel did he finally agree to go with me. I have never felt the sting of rejection like I did tonight.

We had a good time. It was really nice to have some one-on-one time with Cade. I think he liked it, too...once I got him in the car.

3 comments:

Blade said...

If it makes you feel any better.. I would have gone to Cracker Barrel with you!

flyingace said...

But I would have rejected you. Ha Ha. That's funny you got owned by your own son. See you soon!

K said...

Honey I hate to break this to you but you should probably get used to it. The boys always prefer Grandma and Nana to me. Then there are the friends who become more important.

Don't these little monsters realize everything we've done for them? We carried them... for 9 months... oh the stretch marks!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...