Sunday, May 10, 2009

Six Word Story

In church today our pastor talked a little bit about Ernest Hemingway and how he was challenged to write a story in six words that would tell the whole story.


Hemingway said he could do it... His story:

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

I think Hemingway succeeded in creating an amazing story with depth and feeling in six tiny words.

If you search the web, you can find lots of people who have written these "short stories". Some fact, some fiction...and many very personal.

The favorite one I found: "Not quite what I was planning!"

Our pastor challenged us to write one for our Mom's since it is Mother's Day.

My story for my mom:

"I could never thank you enough."

Anyone else up to the challenge? Leave me a comment with a six word story regarding your mom or mother figure!

3 comments:

K said...

I want to be just like you.

Unknown said...

Six words: You are my very BEST daughter!

Blade said...

Wanted song? Rock Out? C'mon Josh!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...