Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday's Excuses

Sick husband, sick kid, sick Mom, sick me.

Blah. I hate it when everyone is sick. Jim started it...passed it to Cade....then Mom...then me. Luckily, I think I have the most mild case of the cold, but that is good since I am the only one who really can't take anything! Tylenol only does so much good.

But the good news is this: Cade made it through this cold without big breathing problems. Normally when he gets sick, even a mild cold, it goes straight to his chest and we have to do oral steroids and breathing treatments. However, since he is currently on Singular and Claritin as "controller" medications, he pulled through this cold like a champ! We only did one breathing treatment and that was just to stop his cough.

I am so glad that the Singulair is working because it is non-steroidal and it is a chewable tablet and NOT a breathing treatment. He was doing really well on the Pulmicort, but doing two breathing treaments a day was a nightmare. Literally a nightmare.

So was Cade's first trip to the dentist. We went Friday morning. Jim tried to get out of going with us, but there was no way I was going this one alone. We took Cade to a pediatric dentist whose office was totally cool. Really. CHECK this place out. Cade liked the video games, the movies...but the whole, "lets look in your mouth" thing kind of put him off to the dentist. Lets hope it is like haircuts..it gets better with each visit!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...