Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crash!

Jim had built a bed rail for Cade's new bed several months ago when we moved Cade out of the crib.

I wanted it to be wood--to match the beautiful bed he and my dad built. Jim built it, painted it white, and it looked PERFECT! Even better, it kept Cade from falling out. But, several months of leaning on it, kicking it, holding on to it to jump, and using it to pull himself into his bed resulted in a very badly abused bed rail.

Monday night it gave.

4:13 in the morning I hear a crash--followed shortly thereafter by a second crash. I knew immediately what it was and cursed out loud. I ran into Cade's room...and he was standing there very much disoriented and confused. "It broke" was all he could tell me. I checked him for any pain--but he seemed to have survived the fall. The bed rail was a little worse for the wear. A piece of it had snapped off. I put it back on as best as I could--propping it up so it would hold and tucked Cade back in. I went back to bed completely amazed that my husband was completely oblivious to everything.

Tuesday, the scary steroid monster that lives inside my little boy and only comes out when he is on oral steroids, showed its ugly head. It was a very hard morning. I put him down at nap time praying for a little peace. Just a little... He wouldn't sleep. And he was so restless, he managed to knock over the bed rail again and fall out of bed again! That was the end of his attempt to nap--and my attempt to regain some sanity.

Needless to say, we were at Target today buying a new bed rail for his bed. Let's hope he doesn't destroy this one!

1 comment:

K said...

Oh my poor Peanut. Falling out of bed can be very confusing and scary.

And my Poor Courtney, having a sick child while 17 months pregnant can be very frustrating and exhausting.

I miss you all. I wish I could be there to help. Or just to, you know, be THERE with all of YOU.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...