Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So what's new?

My mother very pointedly told me that no one had any new blog posts up lately.

Fine Mom, I took the hint...

  • Jim and I both worked on Valentine's Day. I had contractions off and on for hours before I finally shut the pharmacy down and went to the hospital. Labor was not in sight, so it was just a reaction to standing as much as I have to at work. So, I am now off of work.
  • Me being off work coincides very nicely with a visit from Jaime and her hubby, Denin, from Utah. Now, Jaime will have to work since she is here on business, but we have made plans around it! We will eat more than our share of Peter Piper Pizza as Jaime loves it and it is not available in Utah.
  • I am currently the size of a whale. And although I really understand the need for the baby to "bake" in the oven a little longer, I am ready to be done. Of course, it is MUCH easier to take care of the baby where he is right now!
  • We are participating in Feed_MY_Starving_Children through my church this weekend--and dragging our guests to participate, too. The volunteers are supposed to package 225,000 bags of food over the three days. A wonderful cause that we are honored to be helping with.
  • Our church was lucky enough to have a concert by the Watoto choir. Kids from Africa with amazing stories and beautiful voices. Cade LOVED the music so we bought the CD and it is so adorable to hear Cade singing along with the kids.
  • Cade has taken to screaming bloody murder every time I put him down for a nap or bedtime. It is wonderful. Not really. Not at all. And things are going to get worse when a baby comes? I am in big trouble!

1 comment:

K said...

I'm glad mom said it. I didn't want to nag. Especially since you are baking me a brand new nephew. That just seems selfish.

MISS YOU!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...