Friday, February 27, 2009

What?

Cade woke up at 4:50am. That is early, by the way.

His favorite thing is to come into our room and turn the light on. It is kind of obnoxious, but that is what makes it fun, right?

I got up and told Cade that it was waaaayyyy too early to be up. And that he had to go back to sleep. We turned his fishy light on and got him some books hoping that he would hang out and fall back asleep. As I was tucking him back in, he told me that he needed a breathing treatment. WHAT?! My child HATES breathing treatments. He has gotten better about doing them, but never to the point of asking for them. He had not been coughing...didn't seem wheezy or short of breath... So, I gave him some Tylenol hoping that would fill his need for medicine. He fell back asleep around 5:30 and slept until almost 6:30--when he came in and turned the light on again.

We had a busy morning and Cade fell asleep for his nap around 1:45. By 2:30 he was coughing hoarsely. By the time he was up at 3:00, I knew he needed to go to the doctor.

We got into the doctor at 5:00 which is great--means we don't have to do the Saturday clinic-- and Cade is definitely starting with the croup. Again. Luckily, since we caught it early we won't have to do oral steroids. He got a steroid shot in the office, but I can handle five minutes of crying as opposed to 7 days of screaming. Even the doctor was amazed, though, that at two years old Cade woke up this morning knowing something was going on and knowing that breathing treatments would help. Crazy.

In other news, the SHAMROCK SHAKE is at McDonald's. I love them. A LOT. So, we walked to McD's after dinner and got them. Walking burns off the calories, right?

1 comment:

K said...

Poor sweet boy. I hope he kicks the croup before Peanut#2 arrives.

I picked up shamrock shakes on my way home from work on Friday. I walked in the door and the boys immediately announced that I'm the best Momma. Ever. If only it were always so easy.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...