Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

Jaime and Denin had to return home today.

Something about their kids and their jobs--and their house and pets...I don't know. Seemed like excuses to me.

We had a great time while they were here. Cade was a little unsure of the man and woman that moved into his house while he was sleeping on Wednesday night. But, he was quickly won over by Denin and Jaime. He kept calling Denin, "that man". It was kind of cute. "What's that man doing?" I had to keep reminding Cade that "that man" had a name and that I wasn't able to explain EVER what Denin was doing. Usually resulted in making Cade laugh no matter what it was.

We ate, we played games, some of us worked (Jaime), we went to the spa, and we even did our good deed for the year by volunteering with Feed My Starving Children. We only worked a two hour shift but over the two and a half days of packing, 227,488 meals were packed, which will feed 623 kids for a whole year! It was fun to be a part of something that will make an impact.

Our visit was short and sweet, but very much enjoyable. Miss you guys!

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

I miss you too! Thank you for everything! Take it easy and take care of yourself! love ya!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...