Monday, April 21, 2008

Can You Say Frustration?

Cade can now say a ton of words.

When I say ton, I mean many new words. He is just 20 months old, so he is obviously NOT speaking in complete sentences. Or even really putting two words together. He will say "Love you" if you smile at him sweetly (offer him M&Ms) and say, "say, I love you" to him. It really isn't understandable unless you know what he is trying to say, but it melts my heart just the same.

So, Cade's vocabulary has increased greatly. He is now able to convey what he wants for the most part. But there are times when he says something and I have NO clue what he wants or what he is trying to say. Those are the times that he has breakdowns. Full on temper tantrums. Throw yourself on the floor while screaming and lashing out at anything within your reach. It is frustrating for him. And for whoever is trying to understand him. But, this too shall pass. RIGHT? Please don't tell me that it just goes down hill from here. Please.

We were playing at my Mom's today. Cade wanted something to sweep the rocks with. He went into the garage and was looking at the big brooms. My Mom told Cade that those were not for him. She handed him a little hand-held brush perfect for his size. You should've seen the look he had on his face. I swear he looked exasperated. Like a teenager would. Like, this is SO not what I wanted, but if this is all you will give me, then fine. It was amazing. A little funny, but also terrifying. If he is like this at 20 months, what will he be like at 15? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a list of Cade's vocab. I am sure I have missed some words, but kind of fun to see what he is saying for all of those who don't get to hear him often.

  • Octopus
  • Baby
  • Nuk (his pacifier)
  • Juice
  • Milk
  • Cheese
  • Nana (as in banana and my Mom )
  • Ball
  • Pool
  • Teeth
  • Bath
  • Bird
  • Dog
  • Fish
  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Ready
  • Bowl
  • Go
  • Up
  • Down
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Duck
  • Manny (As in Handy Manny--if you don't know, watch more Disney!)
  • Elmo
  • Bop Bops (as in the Doodlebops (again, watch Disney) and one of his toys)
  • Pooh (As in Winnie-the, not feces)
  • Hot dog (as in the song from Mickey Mouse Club House...hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog--not sure Cade knows that it is a food)
  • Ball
  • Shoes
  • Shark
  • Bubbles
  • Book
  • Walk

1 comment:

Misha said...

Sounds like Caden is going to be smart like you guys. He's so cute! I love to read your blog. You are always cracking me up w/your humor. I loved the "Pooh - as in Winnie-the, not feces." Ha!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...