Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Storage for Toys...or Child

Jim and I bought furniture yesterday.



I am very sick of our living room looking like ToysRUs threw up in it. Cade's toys have outgrown the nice canvas baskets I bought to contain them. So...I have been on a hunt to find something, anything to help organize them.





Jim and I went to several stores and nothing caught my eye at all. Until this:



It is technically an ottoman. But, it will replace our coffee table. And the brown leather matches perfectly to our semi-new couch/ love seat. Each square has storage under the lid...and each square can flip to be the hard-sided tray or the soft leather side. It is just unique. Of course, I have to wait 2-4 weeks before we can pick it up, but I can wait. Maybe.... I figure if Cade's toys don't fit in there, then we will just put him in there. Solve all the problems. I jokingly said that to the guy at the salesroom...and he said he would watch for me on the news! It was a joke....and besides, I wouldn't get caught :-)

In the midst of buying furniture, we also had to help my parents get out of Dodge. My Aunt called yesterday from New York and my Grandma is not doing well at all. My parents left last night to go to NY to see her. I am praying...not sure what to pray for though. I guess release from pain and discomfort for my Grandma and strength for her and my family. Keep us in your thoughts.

3 comments:

Jenae C. said...

I found that EXACT same ottoman and wanted it soooo bad, but Jeremy wouldn't let me get it! Good choice. As for your grandma, I have been thinking about her all night and morning, and waiting for a phone call from mom and dad to say that she is alright.

K said...

I want pictures of Caden in it! I'll frame it with my pictures of Brandon sitting in the kitchen drawer. Ooo, and the picture of both of them in my kitchen sink. That would be AWESOME!

Lots of prayers and lots of love honey.

Jennifer said...

I got the individual ottomans that you can move around the room. I need to recover them with a child and Brian....

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...