Wednesday, April 16, 2008

User Error

Despite the evil sewing machine that I have yet to make work twice in a row, I have finished two pillows.



The fabric that I got in Hawaii has actually been used and turned into two throw pillows. There will be four pillows eventually, but the sewing machine and I are still at odds. I apparently didn't really break it while mom was gone, but every time I sew something it works once and then I have to fix it. I am getting much better at fixing the bobbin and re-threading the needle, but I tell you, this sewing machine HATES me!





That reminds me of a story from Hawaii. Mom and Dad were in the room next to us at the resort. Apparently, they had a possessed alarm clock. Dad swore he turned it off so that the alarm wouldn't go off, but it would --several times a night starting at like midnight. After several nights of this happening, Dad eventually just unplugged it. I think they half expected it still to go off even unplugged. You would think it would've stopped working after Dad threw it! It was funny to Jim and I. Not so much to Mom and Dad.





Anyway...





Here are the pictures of my finished pillows. You can see that Cade loves them! I do to. Just wish it didn't take me hours to sew one side!



1 comment:

Jenae C. said...

oooohhhh...pretty! I love them!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...