Tuesday, November 18, 2008

High School?

Our church started a new women's fellowship time.


A chance for the ladies to get together, grab a bite to eat, and talk. Mom invited me to go with her. Most of the ladies I knew, but some I didn't. One asked me if I were in high school or college. WHAT?!

Now I know people go to college at many different times in their lives. So, that didn't shock me, but high school? I know I look younger (but these days I feel ancient) but not so young as to be in high school. I shocked this lady when I told her I was 30! It was entertaining.


I went today for an MRI for my ear problems. Just to make sure that the hearing loss I have in my left ear is not due to a tumor or something serious. It was NOT fun. I am generally only mildly claustrophobic..and only if I really start to dwell on it. So, I didn't want to worry about going in for an MRI or asking my doc for an anti-anxiety medication. So I didn't.


For those of you who have had the pleasure of an MRI, you know what I went though. You lay down on a narrow piece of metal...with your head in a "cradle" (vice). They lock your head in so you can't move using an apparatus which reminds me of the Hannibal Lector mask. (No, I am sure it wasn't anywhere near that bad) Then they slide you into this tube that I am sure if I were anymore further along in my pregnancy than I am, I wouldn't fit in there. I had to lie on my back. And you know when you lay on your back on a hard surface it almost feels like there is a ton of pressure on your chest? Well, imagine that but add like a 10 pound uterus to that pressure. I was really, really, really uncomfortable. You are enclosed. With the roof of the tube way too close to your face. Stuck. It is not fun at all.





But, I survived. And I hope I never have to do it again!

1 comment:

flyingace said...

I thought it was a good thing if people thought you looked younger than you really are. Although it is really funny that poeple thought you were still in high school!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...