Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Torture?

I know that a historic presidential race just came to a close and that a new president of the United States has just been elected. You may find it amazing that I can even think of other things at this time, but I have pressing matters a little closer to home....
Cade has been traumatized.

Apparently a few nights ago when Cade was in the shower, Jim put shampoo in his hair and some of the soap (No more tears baby shampoo) ran into his eyes. It must have been a horrifying experience because now Cade refuses to take a shower or a bath or have any soap/water any where near his head. I know..as a parent, sometimes you have to force your kids to do things they may not want to do. I am usually all for that. However, this situation is a little harder.

Cade is terrified. I don't know what he experienced with getting that soap in his eyes. Supposed to not burn, but maybe it did a little? Maybe it just scared him? Maybe he couldn't see well and that scared him, too? I have no clue. But this isn't just a refusal based on control. This is pure, absolute fear.

So last night's shower was a nightmare. Tonight I figured a bath might be a little more relaxing. It took me about 7 minutes to coax Cade into the bath tub. And then he was fine until I brought out the wash cloth. The he screamed and cried and tried to climb out of the bath tub. Now I know I am bigger than him, but when he is slippery and desperate, it is hard to keep him where he needs to be. I got him washed up to his neck and that was a battle. Never did get his hair washed. As each night passes, I think he is getting more and more scared. How to break the cycle?????

I know. I need my nephew, Gabe. Gabe can convince Cade to do anything because Cade adores and idolizes his cousins. Hmmm...Can I borrow Brandon and Gabe for a few days???? PLEASE?

2 comments:

Blade said...

Gabe would be happy to come help you out im sure. You buy him a plane ticket and I'll loan him to ya NP. ;)

See.. now if you were in WI .. it would be EASY. Hint hint. :D

K said...

I have to agree with Josh, if you all were here this would be so much easier.

Of course you can borrow Gabe. If it turns out that isn't going to be an option though, you might trying giving Cade some of his power back. Give him a dry wash cloth and a bucket of water to play with. Then see if he is willing to take the wash cloth to play in the tub... little steps by little steps.

It is so hard to see your baby that afraid. Good luck honey, you'll figure it out.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...