Monday, December 8, 2008

A Joyous Season

Whenever my Mom thinks that it has been too long since my last post, she sends me a "guest" post.

However, if I am not blogging it is because I am too busy, too stressed, too tired, too whatever, so I sometimes forget to put hers up. Sorry, Mom! But here is a post from Mom. Better late than never!


It is almost Christmas.
Having a two year old around makes the season even more joyous!
Here are some of the delights brought to us by Caden:
  • We have an attachment to the Christmas tree that is a step on button on the floor. It allows us easy access to turning the tree lights on. You guessed it – Caden finds it fascinating to use his size 6 shoe to turn the lights on and then immediately off and then on….
  • Caden is learning about Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. Caden sees it as his job to show baby Jesus every room in the house. So he plucks baby Jesus from the nativity and carries Him around. It is always a mystery where we will find the baby.
  • We have snowmen on stakes (remember we live in a desert) in our front yard. Caden was my helper poking holes in the dirt with a screwdriver so we could place the snowmen along the riverbed. He was Granddad’s helper climbing the extension ladder to get a view from above, while Granddad hung the ice lights.
  • Caden loves to swing. We have a ritual of singing while he swings. It is precious to hear him try to sing along with Jingle Bells (he is great at yelling Hey!) and Rudolph (nose so bite!).
  • Caden went to see Santa in the mall. We watched and watched Santa talk to other children until it was Caden’s turn. He was very wary of the man in the red suit. He stood and looked and finally sat next to Santa. He did get up the courage to tell Santa he would like a choo-choo, please.


Love, Nana

1 comment:

K said...

Thanks for the guest post Mom.

Gabe has always done that with Baby Jesus. Now the childish wonder has given way to mischievious delight. I found Baby Jesus in the freezer and under my pillow last year.

I miss you all!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...