Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post Christmas, Pre-New Year Catch Up

Just a listed low-down on whats been going on in our neck of the woods.

  • I have had less and less use of my laptop as my brother has commandeered it for WoW gaming and teaching Jim how to burn (legally, of course) DVDs on it. As my brother is currently asleep on my couch (at 8:30pm) I have stolen if back for a few minutes!
  • Cade is relentless with wanting to play Rock Band. The minute he sees Josh he wants to "Rock Out!" However, his attention span for the game is very short. After about 3 minutes of playing (usually not even one song) he has moved on to something different.
  • Josh brought with him from WI coffee called, "Icing on the Cake" and YES it is that good. Especially with Cinnamon Bun creamer. It is almost all gone. That is a bummer.
  • Cade was soooo much fun on Christmas. He was spoiled beyond belief (is ANYONE shocked at that statement?) but he was truly interested in each gift. He is old enough to understand presents, but still young enough to not get sucked into just opening more and more. He would unwrap a present and say "op'n it?" because he wanted to play with whatever was inside. He was delightful. Something I am sure will wear off all too quickly.
  • We have been contemplating baby names, like the name Zane. What do you think of when you hear it?
  • It was almost 75 degrees here today. This time of year is why we stay in AZ.
  • I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. I was complaining that I am sure that this baby is huge. However, my measurements and weight indicate that I am right on target. So how come I FEEL so humongous? I will be going in a couple of weeks for a third trimester ultrasound to check on the baby's size since my gestational diabetes does put me at risk for a large baby...and then at 32 weeks I will have to start going for non stress tests that keep an eye on the baby's heart.
  • WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! It is our Christmas present from my parents. We really knew before, but it is almost here now. I am not sure Cade really gets it, but he keeps telling people we are going on a plane to see Mickey Mouse. Hopefully he doesn't think Mickey will be on the plane. It will be fun, even if I will be hugely pregnant and unable to go on any rides. Cade's joy and hanging out with the fam will be more than enough!
  • Tomorrow is New Year's Even and currently my parents have better plans than I do. The reality of being a parent of a small child and currently preggo. Oh well. When I am 50 years old, then I too shall have fun!

Happy New Year and whatever you do to celebrate, BE SAFE!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Zane... hum... I think of Billy Zane the actor.
Have fun in Fla with my little one too!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...