Monday, May 12, 2008

Just a Funny Story

Mom reminded me of this last night. It made me laugh so I thought I would blog about it.

When we went to NY, I knew it would probably be chilly--especially to us since it was almost 100 degrees here already. I packed pants for Cade, but they were pants for next winter. They were the next size up since I knew he wouldn't need pants for AZ anymore. Well, it was chilly in NY and he had to wear the pants. Needless to say, they were a little big. The kept slipping down his waist.

Cade and Jim were out back at my grandma's house. Jim was playing croquet with my nephews. Cade was throwing a croquet ball around and chasing it. Mom and I were inside watching through the picture window. We noticed that every time Cade picked up the ball, his pants fell a little further down. Finally they fell so far down that Cade could barely walk. With the problem-solving mind of an almost 2 year old, Cade decided that he should just take the pants off. They were slowing him down. As he was pushing them down (Mom and I were inside cracking up) Jim finally notice what Cade was doing and ran to him. While Jim ran, he had to hold his pants with one hand to keep them up. It was so funny.

I realized shortly thereafter that if I folded the waistband of Cade's pants over they were snug enough to keep from falling off. I guess that is the problem with wearing next year's clothes this year!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...