Monday, May 5, 2008

A Sweet, Sweet Spirit







You may have noticed that I un-linked (is that a word?) the slide show that had been on the previous post. This is the slide show that I put together (with a LOT of help from Jeremy) for my Grandmother's funeral. It was shown at the wake and at the funeral. Emotionally it was hard to put together...looking at pictures made me both happy as I re-lived past memories and sad that no new memories will be made with my Grandma.



Going to New York was sad. My Grandma is gone. The first time that Cade or Jim were really able to spend some time in my Grandma's house and home town and she wasn't there. The house was full of people--all relatives, but yet was missing something. My Grandma.



There were still toys at my Grandma's house. Toys that my brothers, cousins, and I all played with when we were younger...much younger. Now our kids were playing with them. The red tractor out in the garage. The Fisher Price pony that Cade rode round and round the living room. The Sesame Street Little People. It was a rush of memories. All happy.



It was like a family reunion in NY. All of us gathering to celebrate my Grandma's life...and mourn our loss...and take comfort in each other and in her peace. We played cards. We ate. We cried. We even laughed. We said good bye to my Grandma. And we shared the love she shared with us with each other.



Here are the links to Jeremy's blog, Josh's blog, Jenae's blog, and Jenn's blog. They all have their piece to say on Grandma's passing. And from another friend, I have this to share...



There's a sweet, sweet spirit in this place,



And I know that it's the spirit of the Lord;



Sweet Holy Spirit, Sweet Heavenly Dove,



Stay right here with us



Filling us with Your love,



And for these blessings we lift our hearts in praise,



Without a doubt we'll know that we have been revived



When we shall leave this place.

2 comments:

Jenae C. said...

The slide show turned out beautiful! Thank you for posting it so those of us who could not make it could see it. Love you and miss you

Diane Irving said...

Thanks so much for putting this together. The tears I've held back since returning home filled my eyes, but the smiles on everyone's faces and the joy Aunt Mary brought to each of us keeps me strong. I miss her like crazy......
Diane

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...