Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mommy Junkie!

So I got the results back from my one hour glucose tolerance test.
I failed it. Duh. I was pretty sure I would.

But, because it was somewhat borderline, my OB wants me to go for the second test which is a THREE hour glucose tolerance test.

So, I get to go...drink more nasty orange stuff...and sit in the lab waiting room for THREE hours. I can't leave. I can't get the drink and come back. I have to drink it there and stay there. Boy, doesn't that sound like fun...

And for what? To confirm what I can confirm already. Gestational Diabetes. Okay. I have it. Lets move on...

I still have a massive bruise from my first glucose test last week. The bruise is so big that I wore long sleeve shirts to work this weekend so no one would see it. I look like a drug user. Jim thought it would be funny to teach Cade to say, "Mommy junkie!" and "heroin". Lovely. And he was trying to get the kid who will repeat anything you say to say that as we were on our way to Bible study. Wouldn't that be cute in his little class... "Mommy Junkie!" My husband's sense of humor is great !?

1 comment:

Blade said...

Kinda sad.. but kinda funny just the same :P

Gotta have a thick skin to survive in this world.

Preferably a thick skin without junkie track marks.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...