Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Probably Not the Best Response

I feel like I am dying.

I have a sinus infection that is so severe I would like to take a drill to my left sinus cavity and see if that helps relieve some of the pressure. The whole left side of my face is swollen and hurts. Hurts really bad. Bad like I took a narcotic pain reliever and it didn't really help. It did allow me to get three hours of sleep before the pain woke me up again, though.

The hard part is that being pregnant really limits the drugs you can take. I need a decongestant in a bad way and I can't take one. Therefore I am left with nasal saline and warm compresses. Both of which I have used and offered no relief.

So, after my short burst of sleep and feeling miserable from 3:30AM to 4:30AM, I was near tears. I woke Jim up. Well, I tried to for like 5 minutes. Finally he woke up enough to respond to me.

Conversation:

Jim: What?
Me: I don't feel good.
Jim: I'm sorry...
Me: I think I am dying.
Jim: No you're not.
Me: I really don't feel good. You don't know how I feel!
Jim: If you are dying call 911 or go to the hospital.
Me: Nice.
Jim: What? It is 4:30 in the morning. What do you want me to do?
Me: How about a hug? A little compassion? An "It will be alright?"

That is when I stormed out of the room and had a long cry which has now made my sinuses worse.

Probably not the best response to a miserable crazy pregnant woman who has convinced her crazy self that there must be a blood clot or other such horrible thing going on to cause this much pain.

3 comments:

Blade said...

Its probably non-hodgkins lymphoma or lupis.

I don't actually feel like looking either of them up to see what they are, just been watching a lot of House lately and those two are mentioned a lot :P

Sucks you are feeling so lousy Sis. I would make you some of my homemade chicken noodle soup. Guaranteed to make you feel better.

/hug

Jenae C. said...

Polio was a diagnosis on the House I watched today, but you probably don't have that either! Hope you feel better! Miss you!

hangel said...

Wow...how to put my sinus infection in perspective! Glad it is not Lupus, Polio, or cancer. Thanks for the support!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...