Sunday, October 26, 2008

Movin' On Up!

Tonight was the night.

Cade moved into his "big boy" bed. The room has been ready, but I have been holding out--afraid to make any changes that would disturb our sleep. Sleep is precious. Very precious. And there never seems to be enough time to do it! So, why did I pick tonight when I am 99% sure I have a sinus infection and just want to crawl into bed and curl up in a ball for many, many hours? Well, mainly because there will always be something going on...just time to do it!

So, we moved all of Cade's "friends" into his bed. Thumper, Puppy #1, Puppy #2, Shamu, baby Shrek, a giraffe, and the baby doll. Not to mention the octopus, fish, and starfish that are really bath toys, but apparently are now night time toys. He has his new MP3 player loaded with his Wiggles music. He has his cloth blankets...and his "bonkey" blanket. He has a brand new airplane night lite.

I got him in there...but he wanted me to stay and sleep in his bed. I layed down with him for a few minutes...then when I tried to leave, the protests started. He started climbing out of bed and wanted to come sleep in my bed if that is where I was going. I finally convinced him to stay--by putting Nemo on with the portable DVD player in his new room. So, he can have Nemo for a few nights until he is used to his room...and then we will wean him off that.

I just checked Cade on the video monitor...and he is asleep! YEAH! Of course, he is upside down...with his feet on the pillows. But, he has never had pillows before, so he doesn't seem concerned!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...