Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Jesus Haircut

Since Mom knew we were going to be gone for a weekend, she sent me a substitute blog so I would have something up even thought I wouldn't get a chance to post.

Of course, even thought the work was done for me, I was still slow and to lazy to put it on here, but here is her post about Cade:

Baby Jesus Haircut

Only a two year old would logically connect those two phrases. In Caden’s mind it makes perfect sense. Maybe you are thinking that Caden believes that Baby Jesus needs a haircut. No it goes beyond that.
I received the Fisher-Price catalog and shared it with Caden. We love to look at the toys for sale. We especially love to look at the Fisher-Price nativity set. We name the principal characters, Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, angels, and name all of the animals. So Baby Jesus is fresh in his mind.
Last Saturday, Courtney, Caden and I were shopping at Kohl’s. Caden was so excited to see the Christmas department with the lighted trees and ornaments and decorations for sale. He recognized some nativity ornaments and pointed and repeated, “Baby Jesus! ‘Nother Baby Jesus! More!” He was very excited.
We continued to look around and saw on the shelving on the wall an entire winter wonderland with fake snow and evergreen trees and a village set up in the snow. We looked carefully at each building and saw a school, ice cream parlor, a church, a Christmas tree lot, a barber shop, a school, a law office and several houses. Caden was impressed with the people and animals set up in the scene and the ice skating rink where the figures actually moved around.
Time to move on. We were on a mission to buy Jenae a birthday present. Courtney and I were looking at clothes and Caden was not thrilled. He said, “Baby Jesus! Haircut! Baby Jesus! Haircut!”
It took a minute but I finally figured out that he wanted to go back to the Christmas department and look at the Baby Jesus ornaments AND at the village, especially the building where someone was getting a haircut! It made perfect sense to Caden! And once I understood, it made perfect sense to me.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...