Thursday, September 20, 2007

Life's Simple Pleasures

Yesterday was my birthday...and what a wonderful day it was. Started in the morning with my Mom and I going to a place called Entrees_Made_Easy. You prepare meals there and freeze them and you pull them out and cook them when you are ready to eat them. What a great concept! Mom and I had fun assembling all of our different meals.

After that, we grabbed a quick bite to eat for lunch then Mom took Cade and I went to get my nails done and get a pedicure. What a relaxing afternoon! Mom kept Caden after my appointment and I got a chance to talk to my brother (even though I didn't call him on his birthday on the 14th) and catch up with him. I even managed to squeeze in a 15 minute nap before I met my parents and Cade for dinner at Fridays. We had a drink and dinner and ice cream. Cade LOVES ice cream. My parents gave me a shirt with a monkey on it in honor of my little monkey.
My parents came back to my house for cake and cocktails. I put Caden to bed and the party continued. I got to talk Kim and my other brother, too. Jim got off work at 10 and he surprised me with a new camera! A Nikon. The D40. The one I REALLY wanted. How cool is he? Of course, I had to work today, so he was the one who got to experiment with it taking pictures of Cade today. Here are some pictures from my new camera of Cade eating...

And since my most wonderful subject was already asleep when I got home from work today, I took a picture of dinner. I know. I need help. But I wanted to play with the camera! So, Jim had made the Thai Honey Chicken dinner from Entrees Made Easy. It was delicious. You can see the picture of the plate of food...then the plate after I devoured it.




Isn't my camera cool? I also have a picture of the beautiful flowers that my co-workers gave me. They are so wonderful to remember my birthday! Thanks guys!


1 comment:

Angel said...

Im so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Cant wait to see all those wonderful pictures you will take with that new camera....and hey I love food, so keep the food pictures coming!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...