Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Fortune Cookie

You have a keen sense of humor & bring out the best in others.
11 15 21 27 32 36


That was what my fortune cookie told me. But lately I feel like I have no sense of humor—and that as hard as I try to please everyone, I end up pleasing no one including myself.

In an effort to reconnect with certain people, I feel like I have made others feel alienated. Not intentionally. The situation is definitely one of just “not including” instead of actually “excluding”. There is a difference. But apparently, the ones who feel left out don’t see it that way.

There is a lot of strain in the family lately. Family dynamics are changing and it definitely affects more than just the people who are changing it. It is hardest on them, but not easy for the rest of us either. We are all in new territory.


I am a middle child. It is in my nature to be a mediator…a peacekeeper. I despise conflict. And there seems to be a plethora of that these days. Not knock-down-drag-out fights, but emotional turmoil, hurt feelings, and misunderstandings. “The middle child is internally compelled to find peace within the family and may have trouble finding a place.” I am having a hard time finding a place. I need shopping therapy.

1 comment:

K said...

Shopping therapy on the way!!
4 days, woohoo!!!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...