Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mmmm...Pink Grapefruit

I love Jelly Belly jelly beans.

Well, most of them. While shopping for Christmas presents for others, I managed to find this large bag of Jelly_Belly's on sale for myself. The bag said it had 49 flavors. However, right next to this bag was a box that had 50 flavors. The bag was a much better deal, but I didn't like the fact that I was being gypped out of a flavor. I made my girlfriend compare the flavors on the back of both to see which one was not in the bag. Turns out that the 50th flavor is jalapeno. I decided I could live without that flavor.

Speaking of Jelly Belly's, when I was doing my residency I worked out of an office. I shared the office with my residency director. We always had a jar of candy on the desk. Some how our candy disappeared quickly. We decided to put some Bertie Bott's Jelly Belly's in our candy dish. Bertie Bott's are from Harry Potter. They have regular flavors in the pack, but then they also have grass, pepper, pickles, and sausage flavor jelly beans. The plan worked. Whoever was constantly raiding our candy jar stopped. They must have gotten a horrible tasting one!

Cade is still a little young for jelly beans. In fact, other than a few M&Ms here and there, he hasn't had any candy. But someday, I will get to share with him the wonder and deliciousness of Jelly Belly's. Ohhh...and I can't wait to give him Pop Rocks for the first time! The joys of childhood.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...