Saturday, December 22, 2007

Silent Night...

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace
Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born
Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth

Silent Night is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Really makes the meaning of Christmas shine for me. I love to sing it at church on Christmas Eve when the only light surrounding us is candles. Brings tears to my eyes every year.

Last year at Christmastime Cade had a shirt that said, "Never a Silent Night With Me". I thought it was funny--and at just four months old it was somewhat true. We have come along way in the last year and Cade usually will sleep through the night without fussing for at least 11 hours. It is wonderful. I owe a lot of his good sleep habits to Dr. M. Weissbluth and his book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and to my friend, Amy, who gave me that book when Cade was born. I am very spoiled by Cade's sleeping habits and in this last week I have learned not to take them for granted. With Cade being sick he was having a hard time sleeping. The medication he was on was keeping him up--as well as his difficulty breathing. Add to that the fact that we are quickly transitioning from two naps to one and it has been a rough week.

BUT, last night, we returned to our regular sleep patterns. Which means Cade got a really good night sleep--and so did his Mama. We both really needed it. So, in addition to loving the song Silent Night, I have learned to really appreciate a truly silent night.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...