Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Plane Ride to Bethlehem

Away in a manger, no crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head
The stars in the bright sky looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay
The cattle are lowing, the poor Baby wakes
But little Lord Jesus no crying He makes
I love Thee, Lord Jesus look down from the sky
And stay by my side,'til morning is nigh.
Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever and love me I pray
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven to live with Thee there


Last year for Christmas, Cade got a Fisher Price Nativity set. He was obviously too little to play with it last year, but it is perfect for him right now. It is soooo cute. It has the animals and the Wise Men/women and Mary and Joseph, and of course, baby Jesus in the hay. I have been trying to teach Cade that baby Jesus is the one in the manger, but he likes the angel better. When you push the angel down, it lights up the star on the stable and plays, "Away in a Manger".

Apparently there are several more pieces to this set--and I have heard a rumor that his great-grandfather might be giving Cade another piece this year since he was the one who gave him the nativity set last year. What a great way to incorporate play with the true reason and meaning for the Christmas season.

Now I just have to explain to Cade that Mary did NOT ride in an airplane to get to Bethlehem (she sat in his toy plane for several days) and that baby Jesus should NOT be used for a teething toy. Oh dear...

2 comments:

K said...

Somehow, I'm sure that God is OK with him chewing on Jesus.

Gabe still loves to torment the holy family. I found Jesus in the freezer the other day. The little turd! (Gabe, not Jesus)

Angel said...

I knew Cade was smart! Go straight for the Angel!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...