Saturday, February 23, 2008

100 Cans of Beans on the Shelf...

Sing it with me! 100 cans of beans..you take one down, pass it around...

Okay. I really didn't get 100 cans of beans. But, just to wow you all with my coupon prowess (which I totally attribute to Coupon Sense and my friend, Amy) here is a list of the 147 items I got last week for a total out of pocket cost of $56.31 (that is less than $0.40/item!)

(3) Boxes Fruity Cheerios
(3) Boxes Cheerios
(1) Boxes Multi grain Cheerios
(1) Boxes Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
(1) Boxes Frosted Cheerios
(2) Boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
(4) Boxes Cookie Crisp
(2) Boxes Lucky Charms
(2) Boxes Golden Grahams
(6) Boxes Frozen Green Giant Vegetables
(12) Boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
(6) Boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes
(6) Boxes Pop Secret Popcorn
(6) Pouches Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
(6) Cans Betty Crocker Frosting
(1) Betty Crocker Cake Mix
(12) Cans Del Monte Tomatoes
(24) Cans S&W Beans
(8) Bags Gum Flossers
(1) Gum Toothbrushes
(5) Crayola Kids Toothbrushes
(2) Boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
(2) Marzetti’s Ranch Veggie Dip
(1) 4-pack of Tava
(2) Quaker Instant Oatmeal
(2) Boxes Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs Cookies
(3) Boxes Nutrigrain Bars
(3) Bags of Chex Mix
(2) Quaker Original Oats
(3) Bottles of Snapple Tea
(1) Disney’s Cars Sippy Cup
(2) Banquet Frozen Entrees
(6) Boxes Rice-A-Roni
(4) Bottles Propel Water
(1) Bagged Lettuce
(1) Bag Chiquita Apple Slices

I saved over $336 which is a savings of 86%. I know people say that I am crazy (heck, I even say it) for buying so many boxes of cereal, etc. However, a lot of this food is going to food bank. Like the beans and the tomatoes, and the extra cereal. This promo really gave me a rush!

The first time I did the promo at my store, Jim, Cade, and I had walked over. Then, we shopped...and I bought 40 items. Jim and I had to take turns carrying Cade home on our shoulders since the stroller was packed full of groceries!

I am sure I bore most of you with my grocery shopping escapades, but I am a serious coupon addict.

Hello, my name is Courtney and I am a couponaholic.

4 comments:

K said...

I really want someone to to teach me how to do this... and then to do it with me because that kind of shopping is more of an adventure than an errand.

I'd need a side-kick. Please come be my side-kick. Or I'll be your side-kick. Heck, I'll even wear the funny tights!

Jenae C. said...

I can't wait until I am in a big city where there is probably a Coupon Sense instructor. I had so much fun with you the one time I went with you!

Jennifer said...

hey, do me a favor?
Forward me Josh, Jeane, Jeremy's,Kim's and your emails?
This way we stay in touch about other things besides our blogs?
Want to talk about a sister's weekend again? Not like we're going to Denmark or anything... but something!

Angel said...

only one thing comes to mind.....HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...