Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Mother's Rebuttal

First, let me say, "We love you, Mom!"

I think my Mom was feeling a little upset by my post about milk, and my brother's post about green beans--and how we were both TORTURED as children. Here was her emailed response to both Josh and I...

Hi my children!
Do you know that I gag at the thought of all the times I made you mac and cheese. To this day, I dread the thought that I might have to make a batch to serve to Caden! And I pray that Brandon and Gabe never ask for it for their lunch when they visit~! Oh the sacrifices we parents have to make to ensure our children are strong and healthy.
Your loving mother


Apparently, making us macaroni and cheese was painful for my mother as she obviously detests it. That was the sacrifice she made. Forcing us to eat green beans and drink milk...that was the fun part!

And to set the record straight, I don't fault my parents for making me choke down the milk. I would make my kids do it, too. Milk. It does a body good (until you are 18 and away at college and there is NO one there to make you drink it...and it gets replaced by cheap beer)...pass it on.

2 comments:

Blade said...

I got that email from Mom as well. I still dont remember eating mac and cheese as a kid, but then most of my childhood food memories have been blotted away by the trauma that was The Green Been.

Jennifer said...

LOL!
I don't remember your mother or mine for that matter ever making mac and cheese. Ask your mother about butter and sugar sandwiches that Nana made!
But milk vs. cheap beer... make mine crap vodka.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...