Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy 100

Well, according to my post counter, this is my 100th post.

Thanks a million to all of you (okay, all three of you) who read my blog regularly and keep coming back for more. I enjoy sharing my almost daily blogging.

Cade went for his hearing test today. It was at 7:00am. That is early! Not necessarily to be up, but to be up, dressed, out of the house--and to the office which was about 20 minutes (with no traffic which there was because it was a Monday morning) away. Needless to say, Cade slept to the last possible minute and then I left him in his PJs. Which he was happy about. He loves his Doodlebop jammies.

We got to the office and there was no one there yet. You should not have to be somewhere so early that the receptionists aren't even in yet. But, it was fine. We were seen at like 7:30. The audiologists were outstanding. Cade interacted with them really well. And he passed his hearing tests with flying colors.

Our next step is to have him evaluated for speech therapy. Again, just another precaution to make sure he is on track for everything. I swear he knows more words than he chooses to say--he understands a lot of what we say. Here is his current list of words:
  • Bubbles
  • shoes
  • juice
  • ball
  • cheese
  • baby
  • up
  • bopbops (Doodlebops)
  • Pelpo (Elmo)

Not too bad. Apparently he just wanted to skip the easy ones like Mama, Dada, dog...and go straight for the harder words. I think he will be just fine. In fact, I have a feeling that his vocabulary is hiding behind a floodgate--and in a few months when he won't STOP talking, we will look back to these days with fond memories and longing.

4 comments:

Jenae C. said...

Happy 100 Court!! I wish I could be there to hear Caden saying the few words he knows. He is growing up so fast, I can't believe he's almost 2 already! Miss you!

Blade said...

I am glad to hear that the hearing tests went well. I am sure you are going to look back on these semi-quiet days with longing soon. Much like you are excited when they first crawl and walk and then you wish they would just stay put for 20 minutes so you can get something done. :P

Love you guys.
-J

SP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

I am so relieved that the hearing tests went well. I have a good friend who is struggling with language issues with her son. Along with it are some pretty wild tactile issues as well. It's a scary road to have to go down.

Give the peanut some loving for me.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...