Friday, July 25, 2008

Drunk Dialing

I was at work tonight.

My 24th hour in two days. I was exhausted. Waiting for the time to come so I could close up shop and head home.

The phone rang. It was my Mom. I immediately could tell that this was a drunk-dial call. You know what I am talking about. When you have had a little bit to drink--you think everything is hilarious and want to share your happiness with everyone that you can.

My parents are with their good friends in California. Staying at an Embassy Suites that offers free Happy Hour beverages. Apparently they all had taken full advantage of the drinks. Many drinks. Many, many drinks.

They called me twice. Just to say, "Hi!" I guess and laugh and laugh at jokes I couldn't hear and probably wouldn't find funny in my sober state.

Again, this goes back to my post of a deep_thought.

2 comments:

Angel said...

You realize your parents are funny don't you?

I wish I had still been at work to see the confused state your face was in. Now that would have been funny!

K said...

Tell mom she can drunk dial me anytime!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...