Monday, July 21, 2008

The Family that Showers Together...

I wonder what kind of hits I will get from Internet searches from that title.

A couple years ago my parents remodeled the master bath in their house. They removed the separate shower and separate bath tub and tiled the whole area to make a huge walk-in shower with two shower heads. Normally, I don't like to think about it. Come on, two shower heads, two parents. Ughhhhh... No child should ever have to think about that. *Shudder*

There is a point to this post. Hang in there.

We have been trying to get Cade to take a shower after he gets out of the pool to rinse the chlorine off his body, but for some reason he had a fear of showers. He loves water--has absolutely no qualms about jumping in the pool or holding his breath and sticking his face in the pool water, but the sound or stream of the shower frightened him.

Since my nephews were here visiting last week--and since Cade idolizes them and would do pretty much anything if Gabe were with him, we decided to try to have Gabe take Cade in the shower. So...one day we all got out of the pool at Mom's house and went to her bathroom. My Mom, Cade, Gabe, and I all went in the shower together. Let me clarify--we were ALL in bathing suits. But just the fact that we were all in the shower together was funny. And it worked. Cade now LOVES being in the shower. Hard to keep him out now!

3 comments:

Angel said...

Thats a great idea! Good thinking.

Does Cade miss Gabe yet? LOL I kinda rhymed. HE HE...

K said...

I'm so glad that you all had a good time with the boys. I'm glad they are home though. I missed them so much.
luv u

Jennifer said...

you are more than likely too young to remember the saying from the 70's, save water, shower together. Remember our parents where young in the 70's.... damn... now I've got the same imagae in my head. Sorry. :)

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...