Thursday, July 10, 2008

To "Manalyze"

My little brother recently moved to WI.


So, Jim and I helped pack the trailer with his stuff at my parent's house. We had a large trailer and Jeremy's Xterra to load up. We got to my parents' house in the late afternoon--and we were invited for dinner and a swim. I figured it would take probably an hour or so to load up the trailer since my parents had packed EVERYTHING and moved it downstairs or into the garage.

However, I didn't count on the amount of "Manalyzing" that had to occur.

I understand that the trailer had to be arranged somewhat carefully. That 60% of the weight needed to be loaded towards the back of the trailer. I understand that you don't want to just throw furniture in a trailer and not make sure things are secure. I get that. BUT, what I didn't get was the amount of staring, loading, unloading, and reloading that went on. Or how my husband and father spent almost three hours loading this trailer. It wasn't that big...and there wasn't that much stuff.

To give them credit, it was really hot outside. And deep in my brain, I know that they just wanted to make sure everything was secure. But, part of me wanted to scream. I wanted to shout to stop "manalyzing" and just start moving things! But alas, I couldn't do anything more than just stand by and wait and wait for them to be done.

Jim and I then drove the car pulling the trailer to WI. It was supposed to be a fun road trip. Some time for Jim and I to talk and hang out. And for the most part, it was. My next blog post will tell you about the fun times there are to be had at Wal-Mart in Iowa at 11:00pm.

Once we were ready to leave Wisconsin, we had to fit seven people (on in a car seat), 5 suitcases, 5 carry-ons, and a stroller in a mini-van. To prevent the "manalyzing" we were sure was to follow, Mom and I decided we would pack the car. In less than ten minutes (it only took that long since no one offered to help carry the suitcases, etc, outside) we had everything in the car and secure. We rock!

1 comment:

Jenae C. said...

And just think, you just had the trailer to worry about the "manalyzing," I have a whole truck, with my husband and my father.....I will let you know how that "manalyzing" goes when we get to WI!!! Wish I could have been there with you, miss you!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...