Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cade!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Cade!



We had a great day! It got off with a rough start since at 2:30am Cade was standing in his crib--eyes wide open--yelling, "MAMA! MAMA!" The more I ignored him, the louder he got.



(WHY oh WHY do the never call for Daddy in the middle of the night??)



So, I went in and he demanded "Finding Nemo". So, I put the little portable DVD player in his room with Nemo on and let him fall back asleep watching Nemo. I will probably warp him forever by allowing him to watch a movie in the middle of the night, but alas. At 2:30 in the morning, it is hard to care.



So, Cade was a wee bit of a grump this morning when he got up. I kept telling him it was his birthday...he had to be happy. Didn't really make a difference. Until after breakfast. Then he was great for the rest of the day.

Before his birthday party, we gave Cade his bike. His big present from Mom and Dad. He was not interested AT ALL! He wanted the balloons attached to the bike and that was it. Oh well...





His party was this afternoon. He got waaayyy to many presents, but he loved them all. It was to the point where he didn't want to open more as he wanted to play with the ones he already opened. We finally made it through the stack of gifts and he took off to play with some of the new toys that had been unpacked and battery powered.




We had some dinner...




Then of course, CAKE! If you look very closely at the picture, you will see the string of SPIT coming out of Cade's mouth as he blows out the candle. Don't worry...no one ate Elmo's nose which is where the string of saliva landed. At least, I think that is where it went...



Cade enjoying cake with his Nana.

5 comments:

Angel said...

It was a wonderful party! Happy birthday Mr Cade!

Blade said...

Big hug to my adorable nehpew on his second birthday!

Much love!

K said...

I am so sorry that I couldn't be there for the party. I miss you all so much!

My gift is on the way... I should say I did it on purpose so that my present wouldn't be lost in the sea of all the others. Of course you already know that it's late because I'm a procrastinating slacker.

XOXOXOX
(Send the nose to me. The boys will eat it.)

flyingace said...

Happy B-day to Caden. Nobody wants to eat a nose anyway!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday big man from New York!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...