Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Strange Little Monkey

Cade has finished his course of oral steroids.

Thank God that is done because I don't know how much longer we all could handle "MEAN CADE". He was mean. I know it was the medications he was on for his breathing, but wow. Doesn't make it easier to deal with. So luckily that part of his treatment is done. We still, however, have to do breathing treatments for at least another week to get his lungs all cleared up. Cade still HATES doing breathing treatments. Especially two in a row.

When I went to pick Cade up from my parents house after work, he was at the end of his rope. He was tired. He was angry about the breathing treatments. His poor little bum is all red and irritated again. So, when Mom went to go pack his clothes (he was in his PJs already) for me to take home, he started crying for his shirt. He likes his flowery Hawaiian shirt. We had to put it on him over his pajama shirt. And he had to have it buttoned. And he wouldn't let me take it off him when we got home. So, he is sleeping with two shirts on. I guess you have to pick your battles--and that is not one I was willing to fight him on. He might be a little warm, but he will survive. Just hope he will take it off in the morning!

3 comments:

Manager Mom said...

Poor little guy... but hopefully the shirt makes him a little happier. My kid has been wearing the same Star Wars shirt for four days running, if it makes you feel any better.

K said...

LOL, the boys still do that. Brandon is living in his Packer's jersey these days. Picking your battles... a parent's dilema the never seems to end.

Give him big BIRTHDAY HUGS for me.

Kim

hangel said...

We finally got the shirt off...it is hiding in the laundry basket. Yes, partly my laziness and partly hiding it from him. Out of sight out of mind...

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...