Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What? No, seriously, WHAT?

I am having ear problems. Major ear problems.

Go ahead and say it, "WHAT?"

It started last week. A kind of fullness and difficulty hearing in my right ear. Got really bad on Sunday (of course just in time for Cade's birthday party!) and was a nightmare by Monday. Went to the doctor on Monday. He said that I have an excessive amount of wax which is blocking my ear drum...thus causing the pain and difficulty hearing. Told me to use some wax softening drops and come back in a week if I needed to. I bought the drops. I used the drops. I woke up Tuesday pretty much deaf in both ears. Like being in a tunnel.

Survived all day...went to urgent care that evening. The nurse practicing tried a Water Pik to "spin" some of the wax out. Not very comfortable--kind of makes you want to puke...and no real success. She sent me home with instructions to use different ear drops and to come back in 5 days if not better.

Woke up this morning and I could hear barely anything. Seriously. I don't hear the phone ring...people talking to me...the TV...Cade's nebulizer (which is super loud). The pressure and pain is miserable...add to that the fact that I can't hear and I am going crazy. Jim had to call the doctor for me (the volume on the phone doesn't go up loud enough so I can hear) and got me in again. My doctor also tried to WaterPik to flush out my ears...but no success again. He said I probably need to go to an ENT. Meanwhile, I am supposed to work tomorrow...and I CAN'T HEAR!

So, I miraculously was able to get into an ENT tomorrow. I am hoping that this doctor will be able to help me. Because I am seriously going to have a breakdown if this doesn't get resolved soon!

Again, I am sorry Miss Angelia for bailing on work and leaving you with "Dependable" pharmacists...hopefully they live up to their name!

5 comments:

Blade said...

That sounds awful.. hope you get some relief at the doctor this time.

Get better Sis.

And since you can't hear me right now. I am mocking you endlessly, but saying it all with a smile and a nod so you think I am being nice.

K said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. I hope the ENT gets things fixed up. If not, just try and remember that you don't have to hear the crying and pouting and temper tantrums right now either. I hear Jim is pretty good at those.

<3 to Jim

Jenae C. said...

My ears get like that sometimes, and they have to water-pik at them....it is not fun at all, it hurts and makes you dizzy and naseaus, and I feel for you....get better soon! Miss you!

Alisha said...

I hope you start to feeling better soon! Cant imagine feeling like that! Love You..XOXO

Angel said...

I survived work...barely. Dear god it is boring without you.

I am so glad you can hear me again. It really isnt funny yelling into the phone so you can hear me, all the while you have it turned up all the way.

Hugs! Love you!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...