Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hearing is Believing

Wow. I can hear! It is amazing.

I went to an ENT today. He worked wonders. He used suction to get the wax out of my ears. It was a crazy experience, but once I could hear, I almost kissed the ENT. He said I still have a LOT of build up in my ears and he thinks I have an infection in the right ear...which is what may have triggered this whole thing. So, I have to go back in a week for another treatment but I CAN HEAR! Of course, I am very aware now how loud the new toys are that Cade got for his birthday. And I realized that not hearing Cade's screaming was definitely a bonus. However, I am very glad to not have to say WHAT to everything someone says to me. Things you take for granted until they are gone...

Another wonderful thing happened today. I found Heaven on Earth. What was previously only available to us during trips to Wisconsin...has found its way to AZ! Pure happiness in the form of a Culvers Concrete Shake. Don't know what that is? I feel bad for you. You are totally missing out. AND they have cheese curds. Delicious deep fried golden balls of cheese. What more could you want out of life? (besides the heart attack that is likely to ensue should I become addicted to this--luckily it is just far enough away that we won't want to make the drive as often as I will crave the food!)

4 comments:

K said...

Hooray for being able to hear and OMGHOORAY for Culvers!!!!

Angel said...

You realize that is down the street from where I live right? O dear....

Jenae C. said...

I have recently discovered the pure bliss of frozen custard!!!! MMMMmmmmmm!!! And it is just down the street from our apartment too!!

Jennifer said...

You know I could have fixed your ears with a wet dry vac and some duct tape to hold you down. What is Culvers?

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...