Sunday, August 31, 2008

It Is Easy to be Ignorant

I was contemplating what I had to blog about. I came up with nothing.
Nada
Zip
Zero
Zilch

I thought how sad is my life that I have absolutely nothing to blog about. Then it occurred to me. I am looking at this ALL wrong! How blessed am I that I really have nothing to blog about?

No serious health problems, no job security worries, no housing issues...I am not in a path of a hurricane or tornado. I do not have to evacuate my home picking a few precious belongings to bring with me knowing that everything I leave behind might be destroyed. Read_More

I do not live in Sudan...where they have to worry about life and death EVERY SINGLE DAY. Where millions have been killed or displaced by fellow humans. Humans that have declared themselves more worthy than others. Read_More

I am not persecuted for my race, my gender or my religious beliefs. I can go to church. Pray out loud. Tell others about God. And not be killed for it. (Read More)

I live in a country where democracy is the way of life. Doesn't make life perfect, but it makes us free. A country where we live by these words...."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I have the freedom of speech. To speak up about things I find wrong--even if it is against the government that provides me with that freedom.

So, I may not have any stories of my own to share with you today, but the world has enough going on without me.

3 comments:

Manager Mom said...

You're right...it's such a gift to have a life that is safe, and happy, and secure. Would rather have that than all of the blog fodder in the world:-)

Jennifer said...

Would you like some of my sh*t to deal with? I'll gladly share.

Misha said...

Amen to that. We are pretty blessed compared to some others aren't we? I'm glad I live in this country.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...