Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I had things to say...

But I have learned that if I don't write things down, they disappear from my mind.

So instead I will just bore you with my second trip to the ENT. More suction was done and my ears were declared CLEAR! Yeah! The audiologist did a hearing test on me to make sure everything was okay...and it is not. I have pretty good hearing loss in my left ear--which I have had for years. So, this is not the result of my recent ear problems. However, the doctor (who I found out is also a pharmacist--so I like him even more now!) is concerned because hearing loss should not be so drastically different in your ears like mine is. So, while one set of ear problems is corrected...a new one has blossomed. I will have to undergo tests to find out what is causing the hearing loss. The ENT thinks it possibly is Meniere's Disease. Which, when reading the symptoms seem like it could be. You can go here to read more if you are interested at all about Meniere's Disease. Not a pleasant diagnosis, but better then a tumor in my ear--which the ENT says there is a SMALL (less than 2%) chance that it is. I am not sure that I will be able to have the tests done while I am pregnant, especially since it is not an emergency situation, so results may take a while... But, I am sure everything is fine!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Court, they use HCTZ in low doses to try and help with Meneire's. I've seen it work with as low at 12.5 mg qd, mainly taken q hs. And if it's your left ear are you sure it's not just the ear you turned off listening to your husband and child in the car? Bri has low hearing in his right ear and I swear it's so he can't hear me in the car.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...