Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Battle of Wills and a Trip to the Park

Cade woke up from his nap in a fit.

Not normal for him. We are still getting over his upper respiratory thing and I think he woke up because he was coughing. I think that made him mad. So, my sweet little angel baby was kicking his crib, throwing his stuffed animals out, smacking his crib attachment that plays music...then he threw his pacifiers out. He was really mad then and couldn't calm himself down. Not that he really appeared like he wanted to calm down. I watched all of this on the video monitor. I was a little angry (mainly because I expected him to sleep for another hour and had just laid down on the bed to take a nap) that he was throwing his stuff and having a fit. I went in there and pulled the crib attachment off and took what was left in his crib out.

That made him more mad. I was hoping he would settle back down and sleep some more, but I was wrong. He screamed louder.

I went back in and told him that he makes me angry when he throws his things and that he needed to calm down and pick up his toys and put them back in the crib. I lifted him out of his crib and stood him on the floor and sat down in the rocker in his room. He stood there--facing away from me holding his blanket over his face. He stood like that for like 5 minutes. Finally, I got up and told him to pick up his stuff one more time and walked out of the room.

Back to the video monitor. I think he was pretty unsure what to do with himself. He sat down on the floor for a few minutes...laid down. Got back up...and finally put all the stuff back in his crib. Score one for mommy...

After that, Cade and I went downstairs for a snack and to watch some Noggin. We like Noggin and usually Little Bear is on when he wakes up. But, since he was up earlier, we had to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. Actually, we watched about ten minutes of this insane show before I made Cade go to the park. Outside in 108 degree weather was a better option than watching this show. Watch the clip. Even though this is not the episode we saw, you will get the point. You will understand.


3 comments:

Jenae C. said...

I'm going to start singing that whenever I eat anything!!! That is terrible!! I don't blame you for leaving that show to go into the heat!!

K said...

I want those 2 minutes of my life back.
That thing should come with some kind of WARNING!

Miss you!

Jennifer said...

I think you are all too young to remember HS Puffenstuff... but it was the same basic thing in the 70's! noggin is great... but... some one is handing out the purple mushrooms!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...