Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Who's that knocking?

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking. On my door? At 6:40 in the morning?

It was one of those rare, glorious mornings where Cade decided to sleep in a little bit. Which means I get to sleep in a little bit. Usually I awake to the sound of the music box attached to Cade's crib. But not today.

I heard what sounded like knocking. I reached over to turn on the video baby monitor to see what Cade was up to. He was asleep. I looked at the clock. Only 6:40 in the morning. Couldn't be Alba, who cleans our house...she doesn't come before 8:00am. A burglar? Who knocks? Yeah right. Not hearing anything else, and seeing that Cade was okay, I laid back down and closed my eyes.

As I started to drift back into unconsciousness, I heard it again. This time, I kind of freaked out. It sounded like someone was in our house. I smacked my sleeping husband, who stumbled out of bed and down the stairs to make sure we were not being invaded. I stood at the top of the stairs guarding Cade's room.

Then I saw the shadows. Moving across the window on the landing on the stairs. I walked down to the landing, and carefully peeked out between two slats of the blinds. I was fully expecting to see some scary man who looked like a cross between a sharpei and a pterodactyl. But, I didn't.

Apparently, our next door neighbors were having some work done on their roof. And since we live on the surface of the sun, workers start early to avoid as much of the heat as they can.

The knocking I heard? Must have been their hammering. They were working right outside our window basically...and it was coming in on the monitor as well. What a way to start the day.

Jim, Cade, and I went to the Pottery Barn Kids store. Cade had a fun time exploring...playing with trucks, moving sale signs, pushing a little stroller--right out of the store. It was great. Meanwhile, we saw the bed set I really want to get for Cade. But, when Jim added up the pieces I wanted...lets just say it was WAYYYYY more than we wanted (or will for that matter) to spend. Bummer. It is really cool. What we decided was that Jim and Dad (shhhh..don't tell Dad until we butter him up first) could build the bed frame and the hutch. That would save a lot of money. Check out the set here.

3 comments:

Angel said...

Have I told you before you have great taste?

I love that bed, so cute!

Blade said...

Very cute setup sis.. hard to believe the little guy is going to be moving into that stage soon!

Can't wait to see you guys.

Swistle said...

Ha! You totally had me scared!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...