Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Letter Filled with Love

Dear Joshua,

You have recently criticized the lack of length and substance in my blog. And although "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" rings true in my head, I feel I must address some of the issues you have brought forth.

You pointed out that your blog posts have almost four times the volume compared to mine. I would agree that is true. However, to defend myself, I would like to point out that I am just clear and concise. I wish not to waste my readers time by rambling on unnecessarily when a short paragraph will get the same message across.

You also imply that my blog posts may lack some of the important topics as compared to yours. I know that I sometimes include excuses of why I haven't posted, but most of those are just to keep my curious readers updated on my whereabouts. I know that I don't cover as deep of topics as you (ie Rambo and the Chipmunks or PIMP) but I think I give just enough to keep people coming back.

I may not include the videos in every post like you do. Goodness knows where people would be if they never saw the video that talks about Mucklucks and Blubber...or the MILF song. Thank you for posting that one by the way since then our Mother asked me to explain what a MILF was. I do, however, try my best to include lots of pictures and when I can, videos of my son.

I apologize for my failings, and will try harder to have longer posts more frequently. But, I must point out that maybe you age gives you more life experience to write about. I am soooo much younger than you . Just thought I should make you aware of that.

I would also like to tell you that I didn't write the poem about you being a slacker. I simply posted it since our dear Mother wrote it and wanted to share it with those who would enjoy it. Apparently, you are not one of those people.

In closing, I would like to make the key points again for you. No, I don't think I will. That would just make this post unnecessarily longer.

With lots of love,
Courtney

PS. I love you, Josh. And I miss you. Even when you are picking on me...Can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

Blade said...

I know you didn't write the poem.. that Mom did. How did I know this? Your one line "Im too busy to blog" blog posts mean you are simply too burned out to be that creative.

While this post was informative and well written, it lacks a certain creativity, disdain for people in general and desire to smack Snaggletooth in the face with a shovel.

I can give you pointers when you come to visit next month! :P

Love you Sis!

K said...

Oooo, now things are starting to get good. I want to know who is going to go crying to Mom first. My money's on Josh.

Is it July yet?
I miss you!!!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...