Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dry Drowning?

Just another thing to add to my list of things that I worry about as far as my son goes.

I know. Worrying solves nothing. But, I can't help it. I'm a Mom. A little neurotic, quite possibly a little over protective, but even thought Cade is two, I am still a first time Mom. I just can't shut it off, even though I know I should.

My Mom was telling me about a boy who "dry drowned". If you are interested, read the article here. Basically, the boy who was ten years old, inhaled some water into his lungs and over an hour later--when he was out of the pool and home, he died.

That story is scary. Cade loves water. He loves to be in the pool. He is also fearless when it comes to being in the pool. So, more often than not, he will inhale water. He generally will cough it right back up, but...

Great. Something else to freak out about.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...