Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Baptismversary

One year ago today, Cade was baptized.

It might be strange to some to think that it is something that you remember or acknowledge. However, our church encourages the recognition of the baptism and what it means. They want you to pull out pictures and light the candle that was lit on their baptism day.

Cade's baptisms was special. I am sure most parents feel that way and I am no different. Cade was baptized on October 29, 2006. It was exactly 28 years to the day that I was baptized. He was wearing the same outfit his daddy wore for his baptism. He was also baptized with water from the river Jordan which is where Jesus was baptized. He was lucky enough to have his Uncle Josh and his Aunt Kim stand up and be Godparents for him. Friends and family surrounded him. It was truly a special day--even though Cade cried through church and slept through his party!

So today, on Cade's one year Baptismversary (thanks for the new word, Kim!) we will light his candle and remember his wonderful baptism day.

1 comment:

K said...

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...