Thursday, October 25, 2007

Family Recipes

Poor Jim (yeah, right!)

I always ask him to call his Mom and get recipes for me. She is an excellent cook and makes things that I have never had before and discover I REALLY like.

These are things that I think I can make too. However, according to my darling husband, they are always "good" but "different". They aren't bad, but just not the same as his Mom's. I have given up. Whatever I make will never be as good as hers, but it will work. Here is my latest request for a recipe from her. (Hope I am not putting up any "secret" family recipes!)

Calabacitas Rellenas
  • 2 Yellow Squash
  • 4 Green Squash
  • 1 Whole Onion sliced
  • 1 Small Tomato cubed
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup of water

Place all ingredients in a covered pot and cook on low on stove. When done (vegetables tender) place in serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.

Doesn't that sound yummy? Trust me it is and what a great mix of veggies. Enjoy!

I have to ask if the salsa recipe is really a secret. If not, I will put that up too!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...