Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cade's First Ice Cream Cone

The one day I forget to bring a bib.


Mom and I have found a new place we like to go for lunch. Jason's Deli. Good, fast deli type food. But the best part is that they have FREE ice cream. Who care's if there is no such thing as a free lunch if you can get a FREE dessert? Priorities! Because of the free ice cream, Cade also loves to go there. He also likes the highchairs which are on wheels. He discovered that if he pushes with his feet off the leg of the table--or the leg of his mommy, he will move. He thinks it is soooo funny.

So, Mom, Cade, and I went to Jason's Deli on Wednesday. I forgot to put Cade's bib back in his diaper bag after rinsing it off. So, we got to lunch and I realized I might have one messy child when we were done. Oh well. He is a boy. He would live. He actually did really well with his lunch. Besides a stray piece of chicken or cheese, he was actually pretty clean. Then came the ice cream cone.


Why we decided that day (without a bib) was a good day to introduce ice cream cones, I don't know. But boy was it fun to watch! We ended up putting Cade's cloth diaper (his blankie--I had a spare in the diaper bag) around his neck to somewhat protect his clothes. He was in heaven. It was so funny to watch him eat the top of the cone while the ice cream and bottom the cone covered his chin. His poor baby chin was red from being pressed into the ice cream for so long. I tried to help him adjust the cone, but he just grunted at me and pushed the cone further in his mouth. Apparently he didn't want help. He ate the entire thing!









As you can see from the pictures, he enjoyed himself...and was quite a mess at the end. Of course, once I pulled the cloth diaper off Cade's neck, he realized it was one of his blankies and wanted to snuggle with it. He cried until I hid the gross one and handed him the clean one. Boys!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...