Thursday, October 18, 2007

Transitions

Well, Cade had his last bottle on Tuesday night.

We had stopped giving Cade a bottle during the day almost 2 months ago. He transitioned pretty well when we did that. But, I was afraid to eliminate his bed time bottle. I was afraid he wouldn't go to sleep as easily, or sleep as long. But, I also knew that eventually the bedtime bottle would have to go. So, last night I warmed up some milk and right before bed offered it to him in a sippy cup. He took a couple of sips, but then pushed it away. We read some books and he went to sleep. He slept as long as he usually does. So I guess this transition was harder for me than it was for him. No more baby bottles or snuggling while he would drink he bottle. Now it is books and bed. My little boy is getting bigger every day!

Cade doesn't do that well with transition between activities, though. He hates to change what he was doing--unless of course, it was his idea. If he is in his swing outside, and he is done, he will definitely let you know it. However, I feel like it is time to go inside, and try to take him out, he screams bloody murder. Or if we walk (we are still not walking independently, but Cade loves to hold hands and walk) to the car and I have to put him in the car to leave, he screams. He screams and cries and arches his back and makes it nearly impossible to do anything with him. The situation is frustrating for both of us. I am sure his temper tantrums will only get louder as he gets older!

1 comment:

K said...

Congratulations on the last bottle. I'm proud of you (and him).

K

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...