Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The News

So yesterday we went to Kiddie Kandids. Cade did pretty well. Considering the other screaming children in there, I think he did really well. Here are a couple shots:



I worked all day today. We were super busy. Finally at 7:25 I had a chance to get on-line and catch up on the news. I only ever read the news if I have time at work. I know. I should be aware of what is going on in the world around me. I know. Ignorance is not always bliss. But here are a few of the stories on the news page I was on:



Seriously? The news is so depressing. And these were just the local stories. Doesn't even begin to cover what is going on in the rest of the world. Makes me scared for Cade. Makes me wonder why we have kids and bring them into this world. Makes me wonder if having another child (someday) is a good idea. Do we have kids for selfish reasons? To fulfill some deep need to be a parent? But as a good parent, how can you knowingly bring a child into the world where they can be abused, hurt, killed?! How do you protect your kids from these things?

I think I will boycott the news for a few days.


2 comments:

Angel said...

I tell you what, he is still the cutest lil monkey around!

Marci said...

Wow - I know what you mean. I would much rather look at those adorable pictures than have to think about the horrors going on in the world. On the other hand, the "real world" certainly helps you appreciate what is wonderful in your own life!

You've got a great blog! :)

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...