Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Thrill of the Hunt

I am a dork. I openly admit that.

I am a member of Coupon_Sense. What is Coupon Sense? Well, basically as a subscriber you have access to an on-line database of current sales and coupons compiled from the newspaper. It is a super easy way to match up coupons that you get in the Sunday papers with what is on ad each week. There is a monthly cost to Coupon Sense, but what I pay for Coupon Sense is saved with my first shopping trip of the month. I usually save at least 50-75% on my grocery bills. So it is kind of dorky, however, I save money on groceries so I can spend it elsewhere. Just smart shopping if you ask me!

I went shopping today. Here is my amazing shopping trip.

At Albertson’s I got:
  • 5 boxes Quaker Oat Breakfast Bars
  • 2 boxes Quaker Granola bars
  • 2 boxes Quaker Sweet and Salty Bars
  • 4 boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal
  • 2 boxes Life cereal
  • 2 boxes Quaker Granola Bites
  • 4 boxes Quaker Multi grain Oatmeal

    ALL FOR $5.29 (Saved 81.09)

At Bashas I got:

  • 4 Blue Bunny Personal Ice Cream
  • 4 boxes Eggo Waffles
  • 4 bags Pictsweet Veggie Steamers

ALL FOR $3.21 (Saved 26.68)

To make the deal even better at Bashas, I got a coupon for $5.00 off my next order. So, technically, I earned money shopping there. $5.00(coupon) - $3.21 (out of pocket) = +$1.79

I know the math is pretty simple, but let me put this out there for you to see...

I spent exactly $8.50 out of pocket for all 32 items. I still have $5 to spend at Bashas, so if you take that into consideration, I spent $3.50. Even if you don't take that coupon into account, I still saved $107.77. That works out to a savings of 93%. WONDERFUL! The best thing is that I will donate at least a third of the non-perishable stuff to the food bank though church. So I got a great deal and will be able to share food with those who don't have any. Perfect combination!

I must say a big THANK YOU to my Coupon Sense instructor, Amy, who very kindly went above and beyond to provide me (and all of her subscribers) with the information I used for this successful shopping trip. Love ya, Amy! You're the best!

1 comment:

Angel said...

dork? if you are then I am too...Im a couponsense instructor...cant get any more dorky than that!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...